- You are here:
About CRYONOMIC® dry ice solutions
Customer confidence is earned day after day.
ARTIMPEX N.V., the inventor and manufacturer of CRYONOMIC® dry ice equipment, was established in 1978. The first export of dry ice blasting machines started in 1993 and has been quickly extended by manufacturing dry ice production machines and dry ice containers.
When ARTIMPEX N.V. started developing the CRYONOMIC® technology, it set out to produce dry ice cleaning systems and additional products that would surpass all competitive products on the market. Today, we have attained a unique position in the world market with our technology and technical expertise.
We are proud to be able to bring exactly that solution our customers are looking for.
Download our catalogue!
WORLDWIDE DISTRIBUTOR NETWORK
ARTIMPEX N.V. are renowned for in-house development and supplying customers with quality performance dry ice equipment at a competitive price. Our distributors and agents are experienced professionals who are able to advise customers (both manufacturers and service providers) on our dry ice cleaning machines, dry ice production machines and dry ice containers and assist them with after sales service.
The CRYONOMIC® dry ice cleaning technique is developed in Belgium and used throughout the world. With a worldwide team of 60 people we will be happy to introduce our dry ice blasting technology to your company.
LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO BECOME AN AUTHORISED CRYONOMIC® PARTNER.
Dry ice cleaning projects and realisations
Dry ice cleaning is used in different industries for a lot of applications. In this video we show you dry ice cleaning realisations through the years with CRYONOMIC® dry ice cleaning machines. If you are curious about more dry ice cleaning application pictures or movies, we invite you to visit our dry ice cleaning application-page.
Evolution of the CRYONOMIC® dry ice cleaning machines
- 1992: VSU-100 E
- 1996: JUNIOR
- 1997: JOBBER
- 1998: VSU-380
- 2002: CAB5 series
- 2007: COB62 (first machine with improved and patented technology)
- 2010: COB62plus (with abrasive blasting)
- 2012: CAB72, COMBI7 series and COB71 (most suitable series)
- 2015: COB5XLA and more custom made cleaning equipment
- 2017: COB71AR (for automated tire cleaning)
The principle of dry ice and dry ice cleaning
What is dry ice?
Dry ice is the solid form of CO2. It has a temperature of –79° C. At atmospheric pressure it evaporates into the air. It is called “dry ice” because it doesn’t contain water. For dry ice cleaning purposes dry ice in the form of granulates of 3 mm diameter, called pellets, is most commonly used.
Read more about how to use dry ice for cleaning on the "dry ice process"-page.
What are the main advantages of dry ice cleaning?
- Generates up-time: substantially reducing downtime by eliminating the need to strip down and reassemble machinery parts.
- Eliminates the need for detergents or chemicals to degrease.
- Is non-abrasive compared to sand and grit blasting or cleaning with brushes.
- Environmentally friendly: the removal of stubborn contaminated layers without generating waste (the dry ice simply disappears).
- Compact and versatile: the cleaning equipment can be taken to the large object to be cleaned, not the other way round.
- Dry Ice Cleaning can be used anywhere where water, sand or other cleaning products are not allowed: Dry Ice Blasting is a suitable technique for use on electrical machines and in the food industry.
Why choose for CRYONOMIC®?
- Provides ecological technologies (does not generate any additional waste)
- Reliable machines 24/24 with compact entry model
- Wide range of products
- Dry ice blasters manufacturer for almost 30 years
- Patented CRYONOMIC® technology integrated in dry ice cleaning machines
- Perfect after sales service!
- Local service by CRYONOMIC®-partners
- Dry ice cleaning machines consume 30% less dry ice than comparable machines in the market
- Technical market leader
- Guaranteed short delivery times
- Demonstration can be done at place
We were the first in Europe and in the world...
- ... building dry ice cleaning systems
- ... with remote control on the gun and gun light
- ... with patented maintenance free dry ice cleaning machines
- ... with 1- or 2-hose COMBI dry ice cleaning machines & abrasive module
Click here to read more about the first dry ice cleaning developments by CRYONOMIC®?