5. Dry ice blasting: how does it work?
Dry ice cleaning is a blasting technique similar to sand blasting. The advantage of using solid CO2 or dry ice pellets as blasting material is twofold.
Firstly the very low temperature of the dry ice pellets causes the contamination to freeze and contract resulting in the easy detachment of the contaminant from the base material.
Secondly the dry ice pellets vaporize to carbon dioxide gas, which means that only the original contaminant is left for disposal. This natural evaporation of dry ice pellets is a major advantage of the dry ice cleaning method.
Read more about the Dry ice process.
- 1. In what kind of applications has Dry Ice Cleaning proven to be very effective?
- 2. What happens to the contaminant?
- 3. How does dry ice blasting compare to other methods?
- 4. What is dry ice?
- 6. What kinds of applications are not suited for dry ice cleaning?
- 7. What do I need to clean with dry ice?
- 8. What is the economical benefit of dry ice cleaning?